Skip Navigation LinksSCSC > Veterans > Resources and Contact Information

resources and Contact Information

If you have questions about specific eligibility periods, documents necessary to establish veterans' preference or other related questions, call (717) 787-6039. Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):  711  (hearing or speech impaired) or write to:

Veterans' Preference
Veterans' Preference and Certification Division
State Civil Service Commission
P.O. Box 569
Harrisburg, PA 17108-0569

Or email:
Or fax:  (717) 783-0419

If you need to obtain copies of your military record, visit:, or call (866) 272-6272, or write to:

General Services Administration
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Or, if you were discharged after 1994 and have registered your documents with the PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, call (717) 861-8910 or 1-800-547-2838, or write to:

Veterans Service Officer
Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
Building P-0-47
Fort Indiantown Gap
Annville, PA 17003-5002